   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft-phobia and the non-future of XHTML x.x [LONG]

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 06:34:39AM -0500, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> "At the risk of over-generalising the fundamental business model of open
> source software is Microsoft-paranoia and Microsoft-phobia by competitor
> companies. Of course there are enthusiasts who donate time but isn't at least
> part of the motivation for some of those developers the same Microsoft-phobia
> and Microsoft-paranoia? Try to imagine how limited open source software today

  Bullshit if I may.
I'm an engineer, I want to have good control over my tools. That's why
I switched to Linux way way back in 92. The current incentive for people
to swicth to Linux, be it from Unix or from Windows are price, control,
and stability.
Control is a key point, it affects security, it affects cost control and
stability too.
I have developped an lot of free code in my life, not not by Microsoft
phobia, it's because I needed software that didn't suck, and a lot of
people are actually using it on the Windows platform too, proof that there
are other incentives.

  Your argumentation looks pretty gross, maybe you should code more
and speak less >:-> maybe you would understand where this movement comes
from ... if you can !

Daniel