   Re: [xml-dev] XML Parsers and how they handle internal entities (amp, qu

> I have a small question here... when an XML parser parses a document, doest
> it have to expand internal entities like ' &quote; < > and &?
> I am asking this question because expat seems to expand ' and &quote;
> but not & and it is causing me some trouble. Is this a normal behavior?

You have to give specific examples, since entity expansion
can be tricky - see
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml.html#intern-replacement ,
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml.html#entproc and
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml.html#sec-entexpand