   Re: [xml-dev] What are the arguments *for* XHTML 2.0?

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

> SVG is significantly ahead of where XUL and XForms are. At least for
> the moment. After all XForms is only at CR.
>
> Sure, XUL and XForms may come along later....

> What do you need XHTML for that SVG doesn't pretty much already do?

I don't know why you are in such a hurry to pit technologies that were
designed to be complimentary against each other. It is _significantly_
easier to make web documents that resize properly across user agents in
XHTML. Scaling is not always what you want. Sometimes you want
constrain-based layout and XHTML has it and SVG does not. Sometimes you
want forms widgets and XForms have them and SVG does not. Sometimes you
want windows, menus, toolbars, etc. XUL has them. SVG does not. And
sometimes you want vector graphics. SVG has them. The others do not.

  Paul Prescod