Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Berend de Boer" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] RDBMS DB export
- From: "Michael Rys" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:26:45 -0800
- Cc: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AcKUsHUsc8LUWMsNTw+SUer0//MBGwAB9LHQ
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] RDBMS DB export
This was one of the first components that I proposed and was added even
before this year's FCD ballot version. So I would not consider it new.
It may not have been referred to in the SIGMOD article since it is a
basic engineering solution to a minor technical problem...
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Berend de Boer [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 10:28 AM
> To: Michael Rys
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: [xml-dev] RDBMS DB export
> Michael Rys wrote:
> >And the column names are being encoded in case they do not fit XML's
> >naming rules. E.g., "Order Details" => Order_x0020_Details. Not
> >beautiful but effective.
> Thanks for letting me know. Is this new? The original document
> mapping but gave no details as far as I could see, besides using a
> schema where you could find all of a columns info.
> Berend. (-: