   RE: [xml-dev] bohemians, gentry

jelks@jelks.nu (Jelks Cabaniss) writes:
>What's only hinted at there is the Royalty.  The question, of course,
>is whether resentment towards it manifests in a 1776-style breakaway
>(and eventually becoming a superpower), or a 1789-style all-out
>guillotining. It's just which flavor of bohemian one prefers; the
>royals become irrelevant either way.  The first approach takes longer,
>but is probably preferrable in these days of bloodless sensibilities.

Hmmm... I don't expect any revolutions next week at XML 2002, but the
Town Hall meetings certainly sound like a reasonable place for such
discussions, and apparently they're open to the public.

http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2002/schedule.asp

In the "likely to be controversial on xml-dev" department, there are
four that seem of note:

* The W3C Technical Architecture Group (TAG) has a Town Hall on Tuesday,
starting at 7:30.

* On Wednesday, there's an "XML and Databases" Town Hall, hosted by
Jonathan Robie, and a "Creating Hypertext in XML" Town Hall hosted by
Norm Walsh.  (I'll be up on the podium for that one, so please don't
simply guillotine speakers).

* On Thursday, there's also an XQuery/XPath Town Hall, hosted by Paul
Cotton.

There are also Town Halls on Topic Maps, Web Content Management, and XML
in Government Procurement and Contracting.
--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!