   RE: [xml-dev] bohemians, gentry

> Saying it is "just politics" is maybe belittling.

Sorry, I don't mean to belittle. There are politics in every human endeavor.

> It is need and that is always a local politic.
> The problem is a local politic going global at
> the point of the standards sword.

There are times when the personal interests of those who hold the reins of
power conflict with the interest of those subordinate.  There is a power
stuggle here, although I'm starting to think it's not between data-heads and
doc-heads, nor between pedants and free-thinkers. I think it's fundamentally
and issue of representation and perceived disenfranchisement of the
majority.