   Re: [xml-dev] overrun with bohemians?

Robin Berjon:

> > if there's anything to learn from programming languages, it's clear
> > that it should *never* be enforced, and *never* be made necessary.

Miles Sabin:

> Au contraire ... with programming languages typing should _always_ be
> enforced and _always_ be necessary. If that causes you grief, then
> you're probably using the wrong language.

I'm having a touch of trouble clearly following this argument.  A simple test,
if you please: Python doesn't enforce typing.  Do you say it's the wrong
language?  Or do you mean that one is only using the wrong language if it does
happen to support data typing, and this fact causes grief?

Tour of 4Suite - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/10/16/py-xml.html
Proper XML Output in Python - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/11/13/py-xml.html
RSS for Python - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-p
yth11.html