   Re: [xml-dev] bohemians, gentry

> Because schema are like colored glasses, I can look at the same
> document in eleven different ways with eleven different schemas.

That's fine except that the way things are set up some hidden agent
sneaks up on you and applies these glasses, filtering out your natural
view of the world, without telling you.
If you happen to spot everything's gone red you might notice, but if it's
just a slight change in focal length you might not notice until you fall
over and break your neck.

From XSLT you don't get to find out what schema has (or has not) been
applied, as far as I can see, both to the initial input and to documents
referenced by document(). How can you swap you glasses given the current
XSLT/Xpath drafts? Schema processing is just a hidden black box
transforming your data before you get chance to transform it yourself.
There must be a way to turn it off.

David