   Re: [xml-dev] xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Alaric B. Snell wrote:

> The thrust of the ASN.1 types is really based on mathematical concepts such
> as 'integer', though. Those are pretty damn universal and have reached broad
> acceptance from particle physics up to the structure of the human brain :-)

Al,

The nearest things to universals I know of in the sciences are PSI
units of measurement (I think I've said this before here). I'm not
aware of a standard markup for them :(

See David Megginson's post for what might actually be useful to the
aircraft industry - I observe it's closer to units of measurement
than mathematatical/set theoretic notions of types us computer folk
seem to be fond of.

Bill de hÓra

--
Propylon