   RE: [xml-dev] Namespace URI question

> Forget the idea that namespace names are URIs.

From the original post:
"As a namespace identifier it's just a string (please, no arguments). But
relative URIs were deprecated in [1]."

So, though I would like to forget that these identifiers are URI's, for
reasons hinted at in [1], relative URI's were deprecated.  Which got me
wondering (and I wish I hadn't) about the relativity of "/".  But since "/"
means "localhost"...

Or does it really mean "127.0.0.1"? Uh-oh, I'm starting to think that
"localhost" ( or "/", or "127.0.0.1") could have similar problems that
relative URI's had when used as namespace identifiers. I'm sure the xml-uri
folks must have trampled this ground before.

Or maybe not... but now that this permathread is roiling up to a rolling
boil, my work here is done.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xppa