   Re: [xml-dev] Namespace URI question

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:53:42 GMT Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> The namespace spec says that namespace names are URIs.  If you use
> names that aren't, you're violating the spec, even if you don't get an
> error message.

The namespace spec uses the *term* URI.  After it finishes redefining what it means by it, the strings so generated are expected to be unique, but they have no other characteristics of URIs.  Leaving out dereference, they do not even compare as URIs.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
What makes me think I could start clean-slated?