   Re: [xml-dev] transform my XML/XSLT on the Server side

Hi James,

> will that solution work in my CGI-BIN?

While your best bet would have been AxKit, it is a mod_perl application
and I am not sure how easy it is to make it work with CGI. However,
AxKit is built on top of a whole bunch of smaller-task XML processing
packages that you should be able to use in a CGI context. You should
take a look at both XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT from Matt Sergeant,
working as Perl interfaces for Daniel Veillard's excellent libxml2 and
libxslt2 libraries. A few links:

XML::LibXML -
http://search.cpan.org/author/PHISH/XML-LibXML-1.53/LibXML.pm
XML::LibXSLT -
http://search.cpan.org/author/MSERGEANT/XML-LibXSLT-1.52/LibXSLT.pm
libxml2 and libxslt2 - http://xmlsoft.org/

> I want to be able to type
> http://site.com/cgi-bin/xsltxml.cgi?games
> and have the result of my XML/XSLT sent to the browser.
> So rather than it being parsed on the client and displayed there i
> want it
> parsed on the server.

You should be able to do that with no problem with all the above
recommendations. There are of course other alternatives but these are
my personal favorites and it works.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint <antoine.quint@fuchsia-design.com>
SVG Consultant & Research Engineer, Fuchsia Design