Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: Miles Sabin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Excellent IETF BCP on XML
- From: Paul Prescod <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:43:18 -0800
- Cc: XML Dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <B885BEDCB3664E4AB1C72F1D85CB29F8040EF7D9@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
- References: <B885BEDCB3664E4AB1C72F1D85CB29F8040EF7D9@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.2b) Gecko/20021016
Miles Sabin wrote:
> Dare Obasanjo wrote,
> >Depends on how you typically dereference URIs. If you use wget then
> >pipe your results through less then you're right that it is in
> >practice mostly safe.
> Apparently not ...
But note that there is a difference between downloading URIs and
dereferencing them. Dare was talking about dereferencing and piping to
less. The data never touches the file system (under any name).