   Re: W3C Schema substitution-group question - the files

To follow up on my earlier question, I am
attaching small files that demonstrate the problem.

					David
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
		targetNamespace='AAA'
		xmlns:h='HHH'
        xmlns:a='AAA'
		elementFormDefault='qualified'

	<import namespace='HHH'  schemaLocation='headSchema.xsd' />

	<element name='article' substitutionGroup='h:textBody' >
		<complexType>
			<complexContent>
                <extension base='h:textHolderType' />
    		</complexContent>
        </complexType>
    </element>

</schema>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
		targetNamespace='HHH'
        xmlns:h='HHH'
        elementFormDefault='qualified'

	<!-- Substitute your derived-type elements for this head element. -->

	<element name='textBody' type='h:textHolderType' />

    <!-- Extend this type for the alternative elements. -->

	<complexType name='textHolderType' />

</schema>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<schema xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
        xmlns:h='HHH'
		targetNamespace='TTT'
        elementFormDefault='qualified'

    <import namespace='HHH'  schemaLocation='headSchema.xsd' />

	<!-- Removing THIS next import causes my problem -->
    <import namespace='AAA'  schemaLocation='altSchema.xsd' />

	<element name='test'>
        <complexType>
            <sequence>
            	<element ref='h:textBody' maxOccurs='unbounded' />
            </sequence>
        </complexType>
	</element>

</schema>