   RE: [xml-dev] Whitepapers and ScreenShots of Office 11 XML Features

>I would be interested in someone explaining just
>how an XML Schema for any WYSIWYG system can be
>"open" for some qualitative definition of "open".

Words are often dependent on context, language being as imprecise and
incomprehensible sometimes as wizard-generated code.
I think in this context the word Open is meant to indicate seamless
transportation between Office applications and importation of an xml
document from one vendor's application into another vendor's answering
application. A dream or drug-inspired fantasy, this would then in a
large way remove the need for proprietary api's to work with any office
document, and move the dynamic creation of such documents up to a higher
level.

I could say some more about what open-ness would mean in the context I
am interested in, and why it seems to me that Office 11 will be more
open, but in considering the subject I realized I would need to sit down
and spend a day writing, and probably have to correct a couple times as
well in order to come with a reasonably even-handed appraisal of such a
vast matter.