   Re: [xml-dev] Whitepapers and ScreenShots of Office 11 XML Features

K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:

> Data formats need to be documented, the documentation needs to be
> publicly available and correct. No matter how good or bad a format is,
> if the documentation you have doesn't match what you find in actual
> files, or if there are crucial features that are not publicly
> documented, the format is useless.

Except for, they're usually not.  Good docs are thin on the ground.  The
virtue of the Web was that you could figure it out yourself anyhow by
doing a "view source".  That's the real test I'd want to apply to the
MSFT offering or any other.  I've taken one brief look at the XML output
from Office when it was at the alpha level; that first cut passed the