   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Distributed Registry for Web Services

Joe,

Thanks for information. We were not aware of the WS-Inspection effort.
 The defined format looks interesting and bears watching.  I am not a
fan of the publication/discovery method they describe in section 6
however.  As I'm sure you realize we specifically crafted our
architecture so that it could support efforts like this, RDDL and other
metadata aggregation formats without having to choose a winner.
 WS-Inspection asks users to look around the interested URL for an
inspection.wsil document.  This feels messy and error prone because the
standard does not guarantee where to find the document but instead asks
the publisher to scatter the inspection document to whereever they think
a user might look for it.  Of course it also presumes that a wsil
document is THE answer.

Thanks for your comments,
David