   Re: [xml-dev] Common XML (was Re: Internal entities)

I agree with Eric here.

No matter how strict and simple "Common XML" standard is
people will always find ways to express same things differently.

But if I know how to translate Simon's knowledge into mine
and Eric's  knowledge into mine, I can set up processes
to accept both and enjoy.

However, if there is another person "X" who
uses tomorrow different syntax to express same meaning
or same syntax to express different meaning, etc...
(i.e. not being conservative)
than the best think I can do is to ignore his/her information at all.

This is actually a topic map authoring in a nut shell. :-))
Indeed, you can use RM4TM to "udermap"
(is it a good neologism ?) any markup.

--Nikita.

Nikita Ogievetsky, nogievet@cogx.com;