   RE: [xml-dev] A Data Model for Strongly Typed XML

I think there's a lot to be read into "potentially".

> Putting these two together then the only couplings to the W3C
> XML Schema recommendation is that the current definition for
> atomic value specifies that it must be a W3C XML Schema type.
> Ignoring this one shortsighted rule,

Well, I wasn't ignoring this shortsighted rule.  Am I free to do so? That's
not apparent from the WD.

> XQuery data model as a strongly typed XML data model that
> reflects any type system with named types be it SQL, Java,
> C#, XDR, or XSD.

Yes, *potentially*.  The part I quoted sounded de facto.  I'm glad you think
a good Bohemian push is in order. I wasn't able to deduce those intentions
from the article, but it was informative nonetheless.

> [snip the explanation of how to store type-related info better]

Good idea.