   Re: [xml-dev] Internal entities removed from XML?

> Here is a version of Rich's C code that is exactly the same speed-efficiency if there
> are no entity references, and no less space-efficient if there are entity
> references. If we find a non-built-in reference, we replace the
> & delimiter with the Unicode Object Replacement character.

Sure, you made *my* code as efficient, but you made applications less
efficient by requiring them to handle multiple calls for chardata.
My code was only a sample -- I left out the " and didn't normalize
space or newlines, but the technique is the same.

As I responded to Miles, the (dedicated?) application greatly benefits from
knowing that the chardata is all in a single buffer, available all at once.

Gotta think outside the SAX box.
        /r$