   looking forward to 2003

In case anyone out there thinks I only look back to the good old days of
XML 1.0 before any of this other debris accumulated (okay, I plead
guilty), I've put up an "XML for 2003" piece on my O'Reilly Network
blog:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2493

XML 2003 got me genuinely excited about XML's future prospects for the
first time in a few years.  Business prospects have always been okay,
but the technology prospects look more compelling to me.  Anyone who
thinks I've missed something or overestimated something is welcome to
complain here or there.

The quick list is:
* Microsoft Office and XML
* Topologi
* SVG & XForms
* RELAX NG & DSDL
* XQuery?

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that Trang is going to creep up on all
of us, and save us.

http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html

--
Simon St.Laurent