   RE: [xml-dev] Round 2: Identifying Data for Interchange

I guess the question is 'what are you trying to say/send?' My point was
supposed to be that you can say the same thing - say, a position - many
different ways, and all are equally 'good.'

But, if you've got data you've measured then yeah -- send it the way it is
-- just make sure the recipient clearly understands what you're sending.

Have I understood your perspective correctly?

[ My experience here is in exchanging data from physics experiments/
  simulations, which is perhaps not a common example ;-). In that case,
  problems constantly crop up when the experimenters try to 'clean' the
  data for someone else's use ....  ]

ian