   RE: [xml-dev] Instrument DTD

I don’t think you’ll find anything general. Unless it was at the same time practically useless. For example when you say you want representation of instrument input/output I suppose the best you could hope for is some markup representing where and how you are supposed to get a hold of said input/output.

With you implementing the actual mechanism of the where and how.

Even that would be enormously difficult.

What about instruments that are themselves composed of other instruments?

One of the larger projects for instrumentation would be OPC (defines interfaces for data exchange between devices, PCs etc), who are supposed to come out with an xml format sometime several years back and we’re all still waiting.

That said the following company, http://www.technosoftware.com/

Tired of waiting for the OPC xml specs to be released have made implementations available based on current drafts.

These specs are pretty bloated, even beyond what seems to be necessary for doing the job.