   Re: [xml-dev] Still not the essence of XML (was Re: [xml-dev] S-expressi

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> We've talked for years about the value of separating content from
> presentation in XML.  On the data side, that seem to map easily to
> separating information from processing.

Data from processing; sure.

I've just remembered Bill Joy had a similar beef with HTML/XML a
good while back. In an interview he once said the problem with
sending markup was it had no behaviour - for that you need programs.
It may have been in the context of Jini/JXTA.

Bill de hÓra