   Request for XML-based Content Management System Recommendation

Title: Message
Greetings,

We are investigating XML-based Content Management Systems and I thought folks on this list would be able to provide a recommendation.  We see the Content Management System as the information store for NAIS and not just our web site.  Specifically I am interested in product capabilities for document acquisition, storage, editing, query and transformation processes and functionality.  Also, as part of our content management, we will be using a 1500 term thesaurus with about 20 facets.  The thesaurus/index terms (alpha and hierarchical listings) will assist in describing document-centered content and for searching for material on our web site.  Finally, we have many services on our web site that would benefit from Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) applications.

As you can probably tell we are looking for a turn-key content management systems, i.e. we are not interested in building one from scratch.

Thank you.
Jeff Hagerman
Director of MIS
National Association of Independent Schools
hagerman@nais.org
202-973-9700