   RE: [xml-dev] Adam Bosworth Article - what does "direct access" m ean?

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> Oh, ok.  It provides direct access to the XSLT data model.
> used in the transformation of XML files.  That's good.

well it's not quite the XSLT data model, and it's not used in the
transformation of XML files in the same way as XSLT. but pretty close.

a lot of people don't like XSLT because it doesn't fit their view of
what a _real_ programming language should look like.
others don't like it because it doesn't fit their view of what _real_ XML
is. but come on, loosen up a bit chaps! it's just a bloody tool, you don't
have to use it if you don't want to.

> I was referring to the examples on your web page
> linked to the table label, stylesheet.  I don't
> recognize the examples as XSLT.

use the source, len.
not all on the www is html. sorry for not making it clear on the page.

regards,

/m

Martin Klang
http://www.o-xml.org - the object-oriented XML programming language