   RE: [xml-dev] Adam Bosworth Article - what does "directaccess"m ean?

  • To: "Joe English" <jenglish@flightlab.com>,"XML DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Adam Bosworth Article - what does "directaccess"m ean?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:46:46 -0800

Everything W.E. Perry said about Jonathan's XQuery example applies to XPath. I assumed he also meant to state that XPath is only meant to run against virtual XML views and not UnicodeWithAngleBrackets. Which explains why no one has ever implemented XPath over XML 1.0 documents just over databases and virtual XML views...

;)