   Re: [xml-dev] XML Repository Software and publishing standards

  • To: ken.mcafee@pobox.com
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XML Repository Software and publishing standards
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:35:22 -0500
  • Cc: "Xml-Dev List (Xml Dev List)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Ken,

I am by no means an expert in the publishing arena, but you might want
to check out Quark's QuarkXPress:

http://www.quark.com/products/xpress/

Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

> Ken McAfee wrote:
>
>         I am working on a solution for a publishing company that is
> converting their content to XML.  We are looking at third-party
> software to build a repository of xml content which can be served up
> to multiple sources in different schema formats depending on what the
> content is and formatted differently (using XSLT) depending on the
> publishing medium (website, PDA, web services, non-web solutions,
> etc.).  I have been looking at products such as TEXTML, and
> HyperVision's WorX, XMetal and XMLSpy for the maintenance portion.
> Does anyone have any experience with these tools or others that could
> offer any criticisms, advice or suggestions?  What are people using to
> do this kind of thing?  And are there any efforts underway (in
> addition to DocBook) to standardize an XML format for the publishing
> industry?
>
>         Thanks ahead of time for any and all inputs.
>
> Ken McAfee, MCSD
> Software Architect
> ken.mcafee@pobox.com
> "You're born to be a player. You're meant to be here. This moment is
> yours". -- Herb Brooks, 1980
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano