   Re: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

Tim Bray scripsit:

> Highly application-dependent.

>    <steps>
>      <step>Ensure electrical systems are inactive per testID 32297</step>
>      <step>Ensure no fuel vapor concentrations per testID 35151</step>
>      <step>Open hatch and stick your head inside</step>
>      </steps>
>    </procedure>

The dispute is not about whether order may matter.  The question is:
if order does *not* matter semantically, should validation prescribe a
fixed order that can be relied on, or should it permit any-order-desired?
Eric is arguing the latter, I the former.

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 jcowan@reutershealth.com