   RE: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

Hi Alessandro,

> If the order is regarded as a constraint that the schema imposes on the
> documents, then the existence of the constraint can be described as
> "less entropy" in the message and the absence of the constraint can be
> described as "more entropy" in the message.

That's a nice metaphor.

> A possible question is, Why do we want to put "more entropy" in the
> message if we are not interested in the extra "information" that
> corresponds to the increased entropy?  (Or worse, when the extra
> "information" is completely undefined and the readers can infer just
> anything?)

Because a limited and controled amount entropy is life! Of course, too
much entropy is hell, but entropy is what make you feel comfortable,
warm and cosy in front of your fireplace...

To switch back to computer related subjects, I always feel more
comfortable when there is more than one way to do things and when no
unecessary constraints are imposed to me.

Isn't it why XML 1.0 allows so many syntactical variations?

Eric
--
Curious about Relax NG? My book in progress is waiting for your review!
                                   http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/