   Re: [xml-dev] escaping QName interlopers

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> http://simonstl.com/ns?name=piece#vellum
>
> Moving beyond the intricacies of URI syntax, there are other problems
> with this kind of approach.  RDDL documents are presently designed to
> provide resources about vocabularies as a set of names, with schemas and
> other such niceties.  It's not clear that even my friendliest case of
> "http://simonstl.com/ns/vellum#piece"; is particularly compatible with
> that approach, though perhaps RDDL could be extended that way.

Arghhh... I was hoping that this wouldn't be noticed. URI references with a
non-blank fragment id make really horrible namespace names -- luckily I've
never seen an actual one! I've been told that allowing this possibility was
an oversight when XML Namespaces was being developed?

Jonathan