   JITTs related article

Greetings,

I ran across a paper recently that uses XPath to do something quite
similar to the work Matt O'Donnell and I have been pursuing with JITTs.

The paper is entitled: "An Algorithm for Streaming XPath Processing with
Forward and Backward Axes." by Charles Barton, Phillippe Charles, Deepak
Goyal Mukund Raghavachari (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and Marcus
Fontoura, and Vanja Josifovski, (IBM Maden Research Centeer) and can be
found at:
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/~deepak/publications/icde.pdf.

By discarding *irrelevant* markup, the authors report testing their
algorithm on documents exceeding 1 GB and present time comparisons with
Xalan on files of up to approximately 446 MB. (The authors report that
Xalan failed on the 222 MB and 446 MB test files.)

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development