   Re: [xml-dev] many-to-many

jonathan@openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) writes:
>> Fine, but if you are not careful you will wind up with _The Red
>> Pony_, an excellent work of fiction by John Steinbeck.  This has the
>> advantage that it will not crap under your Christmas tree.
>>

>Bingo! If you understand what John wrote, you understand the _primary_
>motivation of the Semantic Web - you don't want something that is
>merely labelled _The Red Pony_ rather you want a specific red pony
>having specific characteristics (eats hay, has four legs, gentle
>disposition etc.)

I understand what John wrote and was even hoping someone would take the
example farther, turning my adjectives back into a proper noun.  I don't
think that actually changes my example in any substantial way save
humor, however.

You appear to be claiming that RDF is all about adjectives while REST is
about nouns and verbs, and I'm left wondering who had the brilliant idea
of making all adjectives out of nouns.  I can't say that I'm  sold on
the notion of using URIs as adjectives in any event.  For my own work,
other identifiers (mostly defined in MIME) seem more appropriate, not to
mention more concise and more human-readable.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!