Lists Home |
Date Index |
> In any case the reason I've entered this thread at this time is that there
> are a couple of new WD which are relevent to this topic, both the RDF and
> OWL semantics/model theories and there appears enough interest in these
> topics that I am trying to encourage folks to have a look at how they
> might help work through some issues that many folks have with URIs.
Would it be possible to post a list of need to know links for these to the
list? Links to the WDs and relevant mailing lists would be great...
1) RDF Semantics http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/
I think this is a very well written document and surprisingly
approachable for a "model theoretic semantics" -- contrast to the OWL
Semantics which is far more technical
In particular read
0.2 Graph syntax . http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#graphsyntax
1.2 Urirefs, resources and literals. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#urisandlit
2) RDF Concepts and Abstract Syntax http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/
(I prefer the RDF Semantics myself).
3) OWL Guide -- http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/ -- This is a good intro to
4) OWL Reference -- http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/
5) OWL Features -- http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/ -- a bit dated and
soon to be updated
6) OWL Semantics -- http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/ -- a bit technical,
defines the abstract syntax (productions) for a non-RDF OWL language that
may be transformed into RDF/XML. A non-RDF XML Schema for OWL is in the
works (soon to be published).
I've left some out, but this is a good start.