   RE: [xml-dev] malfunctioning, evil adult as XML

Len wrote: "My reservation here is that explaining attributes only seems to
be a problem when talking to a well-trained programmer. "

Programmers I have met have little problems with the distinction
1. Elements map to tables map to objects
2. Attributes map to columns map to properties.
3. Contained elements are children records are object pointers.

Perhaps the analogy we should be using about Mr. Naggum is that of a parent
who dreamed of a child becoming a lawyer and was bitterly disappointed when
she became an architect. Logic and structure matter in both cases, but the
constructions are vastly different and used for different things. At root
logic and structure are branches of mathematics.

It was very sad reading that. What a tortured life he must lead.

Greg Alvord.