   SAX Parser and Attribute Normalization

A real XML question (HEY!!):

I've read the XML 1.0 specification
(actually, Bray's annotated version, thanks Tim!)
and understand the rules for attribute normalization
using an XML Processor (or I hope I do... lotsa rules),
but when using a SAX parser, should the parser
strip trailing white space in an attribute
value?  Empirical testing says no.

I'm not a good skater either. Sigh...

len