Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: XML Dev <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes
- From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:26:10 -0500
- In-reply-to: <4827EC373E03DB44AC2AB3900430896B0265F8@web11.scenicsoft.com>
- Organization: Red Bridge Interactive, Inc.
- References: <4827EC373E03DB44AC2AB3900430896B0265F8@web11.scenicsoft.com>
- User-agent: KMail/1.4.3
On Wednesday 26 February 2003 12:54 pm, Jeff Lowery wrote:
> My opinion is that the answer lies in a prefix registry
Why do you need one? If you register foo: as a prefix, so you can then do
foo:bar, why not simply register foo:bar instead? FWIW. I can't see the value
in either... neither guarantees any kind of interpretation.