   Re: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

[Sean McGrath]
 >> The instance is UnicodeWithAngleBrackets for sure. But an XML compliant
 >> parser much turn this mixture into a tree. If it can't, surely, the
instance
 >> is not WF?

[Gavin Thomas Nicol]
 >Note the term "parser" there. If I choose to treat an XML document as a
Troff
 >document, is it equally a tree?

No. The tree is in the eye of the parser which in turn is in the eye of the
XML 1.0 grammar production rules.

I have an OS supplied copy command that treats my XML as a series of 512
byte blocks:-)

It is the XML parser that attempts to map the UnicodeWithAngleBrackets to
the productions
in XML 1.0. Those productions form a tree rooted at production [1].

regards,
Sean

http://seanmcgrath.blogspot.com