   RE: [xml-dev] On the promotion and demotion of information items (was Re

  • To: "Alaric B. Snell" <alaric@alaric-snell.com>,"Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] On the promotion and demotion of information items (was Re: [xml-dev] RE: Take 2 - How do you replace comments from XML?)
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 04:23:14 -0800

I'm curious. Have you ever seen a machine.config file? If so I'd like to know why you think config file comments should be placed in an attribute simply because you seem to have some aversion to using certain aspects of XML.

I can't imagine anything uglier than putting a multiline comment into an attribute simply to satisfy some perverse need to not use XML comments.