   Re: [xml-dev] Registered namespace prefixes

You're very welcome Rich.

In relation to DNS: You may also be interested in knowing about the
fairly new OASIS Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) TC [1].

From [1]:

"The purpose of this TC is to define a URI scheme and a corresponding
URN namespace for distributed directory services that enable the
identification of resources (including people and organizations) and the
sharing of data across domains, enterprises, and applications. "

This TC will be leveraging the XNS (Extensible Name Service)
specifications from OneName, released in July 2002 [2]:

"Whereas DNS (Domain Name System) is a protocol designed for federated
naming of Internet hosts at the TCP/IP level, XNS is designed for
modeling and managing the identity of any actor at the SOAP level,
including people, businesses, machines, applications, objects, classes,
etc. "

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xri/
[2] http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2002-07-11-b.html

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

Rich Salz wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed response.  Pity there doesn't seem to leverage
> DNS, so that I don't need to deal with yet more red tape.
>         /r$
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano