   FW: Can we move xml-dev?

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: FW: Can we move xml-dev?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:54:51 -0800

[forwarded on behalf of Tim Bray]

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 5:35 PM
To: clbullar@ingr.com; Dare Obasanjo; jcowan@reutershealth.com;
mc@xegesis.org

Hi - I got dumped off xml-dev for the second time in the last year, and
can't get back on; I went to check the archives to make sure it wasn't
just a quiet spell, and the archives are broken.  I'm sure Oasis are
nice people but they have repeatedly demonstrated they can't keep this
list going, so let's move it somewhere.  There must be some organization
out there that can keep a large-scale mailing list going and could step
up for reasons of community service or some such...

You guys got picked to get this because you happened to be the last four
people's whose postings were hanging around in my xml-dev folder.  Could
one or more of you please pass this suggestion on to the list?  I
blogged it at http://www.tbray.org/ongoing - I'd ask Lauren except for
she's been dumped too & can't get back in.
--
Cheers, Tim Bray
         (ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)