   Re: [xml-dev] Doing Web services right

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Perhaps it's not later bound, but it's very different stuff.  The stuff
> posted from a form is just nouns, and the handlers in the CGI script are
> there to accept the nouns.  The stuff posted from a Web Service is a mix
> of nouns and verbs, and it generally seems to me that bindings about
> verbs are more nastily complicating than binding to nouns, whenever it
> happens to take place.

the stuff posted from an html form is essentially unordered key-value
pairs. if you as a designer of CGI interfaces want action=search,
do=update or insert=yes then there's nothing stopping you. if you as a ws
interface designer want only nouns in your requests there's nothing
stopping you there either.
but if you want structured data (nouns, anyone?) from the client then
you're prolly looking at XForms already. or why not SOAP?

regards,

/m

Martin Klang
http://www.o-xml.org - the object-oriented XML programming language