   re: [xml-dev] thank you, Robin Cover

Simon St.Laurent writes:

 > ------------------
 > I suspect the Cover Pages deserves lots of credit for connecting people
 > and programs at many levels on a regular basis for nearly eight years.
 > In PR-speak, that might result in triumphal press releases about
 > "enabling [millions | billions] of [dollars | euros] of [enterprise
 > integration | document management | hacker twiddling] with XML and Web
 > Services." The Cover Pages prefers to describe itself as an "Online
 > resource for markup language technologies" - no small achievement.
 > ------------------

Yes.  In fact, it don't think it would be out of line to suggest that
Robin would be an appropriate candidate for the 2003 XML Cup, if
IDEAlliance plans to continue the award.  I cannot count the number of
times, early in my consulting work, when something XML-related would
come up during a conference call and I'd quietly click on my bookmark
for Robin's page to get a quick briefing before people asked me for
input.  I doubt I was alone in doing so.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, david@megginson.com, http://www.megginson.com/