   Re: [xml-dev] FW: Tim Bray "Let's Move XML-DEV"

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> Perhaps I am the only person on XML-Dev who read Tim's blog and was
> tempted to classify it in the "childish ranting" category.

That is indeed quite likely.

> Frustration
> does terrible things to  perspective on an issue. Doesn't the sentence,
> "The problem is that the mailing list is mismanaged, broken, unreliable,
> inaccessible, and really ought to find a new home with competent grownup
> minders." suggest just a tinge of overreaction? Or is that perception
> only in my mind?

It's only in your mind. This list is mismanaged, broken, unreliable, and
inaccessible. What happened to Tim happened thrice to me, and many times to
numerous other users. The archive has been broken forever, when not in its
content always in its presentations with terrible HTML that break Mozilla.

I'm sure there are other organisations that could host the list. ActiveState has
nice archives and host quite a number of lists. Sourceforge might be another option.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/