   RE: [xml-dev] Moving the list

clbullar@ingr.com (Bullard, Claude L (Len)) writes:
>Why don't we find out what it is that is going
>wrong with the listserver first?  Give the technical
>guy assigned to the task a bit of time to figure
>out the problem.

It's a recurring problem, or set of problems.

To quote Karl Best:
"I recall having sent almost identical messages to this list a couple of
times a year over the past three years, obviously to no effect."

Taking a quick look through xmlhack.com archives, there are:

XML-DEV Hacked
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1472

Murray-Rust lashes out at OASIS over XML-DEV
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=622

OASIS declares victory on XML-DEV mailing list problems
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=484

Developing community facilities for XML-DEV
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=449

OASIS President apologizes, says deadline won't be met
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=447

XML-DEV's founder losing faith in OASIS
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=442

Is XML-DEV coming back?
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=420

XML-DEV withering
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=416

XML-DEV silent for days
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=280

The move itself was reported on in:
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=227

Based on Karl's message, it seems pretty clear that OASIS has other
things they could do with the resources they spend on xml-dev.  Moving
the list might well be good both for OASIS and for the list.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!