   RE: [xml-dev] Moving the list

clbullar@ingr.com (Bullard, Claude L (Len)) writes:
>Why don't we find out what it is that is going
>wrong with the listserver first?  Give the technical
>guy assigned to the task a bit of time to figure
>out the problem.

It's a recurring problem, or set of problems.

To quote Karl Best:
"I recall having sent almost identical messages to this list a couple of
times a year over the past three years, obviously to no effect."

Taking a quick look through xmlhack.com archives, there are:

XML-DEV Hacked

Murray-Rust lashes out at OASIS over XML-DEV

OASIS declares victory on XML-DEV mailing list problems

Developing community facilities for XML-DEV

OASIS President apologizes, says deadline won't be met

XML-DEV's founder losing faith in OASIS

Is XML-DEV coming back?

XML-DEV withering

XML-DEV silent for days

The move itself was reported on in:

Based on Karl's message, it seems pretty clear that OASIS has other
things they could do with the resources they spend on xml-dev.  Moving
the list might well be good both for OASIS and for the list.

Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!