   status on current list problems

xml-dev list,
We have four issues that are being addressed.  They are as follows:

1.  People are being silently dropped from the list when mail to them
bounces.  This is not consistent with the way ezmlm is intended to
perform.

sending confirmation messages out to people when requesting to subscribe
or unsubscribe to a list.

3.  The search engine has a bug in it.

4.  The markup on the list archives needs to be cleaned up.

Here is the status on these items:
1.  We are investigating ezmlm's performance with regard to silent
unsubs.  We are also developing auxiliary watcher scripts to help notify
us of any problems. These are in addition to the monitoring scripts we
already have in place. We should have something within a day or two.

3. We will be updating the search engine code as part of the html
cleanup effort.  Expect to see something next wwek on this.

4. As I said in number three, look for this next week.

Now as for the current characterizations of the problems related to the
list server.  I can confidently say the following:

1.  The list archives are intact.
2.  Subscriber mail gets delivered.
3.  The server runs.

Feel free to direct any further questions on this matter to me directly
(off list).

Regards,
Jeffrey Lomas
OASIS