   Key and Keyref in schemas

Hi,

     I am facing a problem with Key and Keyref's.

     1. I have a global element "ELEM1" defined in a schema "SCHEMA1" which
doesn't have a default namespace nor a target namespace.
     2. ELEM1 is of type string. A key has been defined on this element in
another schema "SCHEMA2" which includes "SCHEMA1".
     3. If a pattern is defined on ELEM1 the key validation doen't happen at
all. What could be the reason???

TIA

Avinash Subramanya
Developer
Aztec Software And Technology Services Limited
23, 3rd 'A' Cross, 18th Main, 6th Block, Koramangala
Bangalore - 560095, India
Phone: 5522892/93 Ext: 205
Fax: 91-80-5521987
Mobile: 98441 29329