   [ANN] New Xqueeze Release

Hi all!

I'm glad to announce a new release of Xqueeze Reference
Implementation. Major changes are:

- Syntactic support for PIs and Namespaces
- Support for inclusion of internal DTDs
- Parsing without the knowledge of schema

Please see http://xqueeze.sourceforge.net/docs.shtml for documentation
and http://xqueeze.sourceforge.net/download.shtml for downloads.

Future Development:

Future versions of xqML encoding would include the following features:
- Built-in data types for boolean, decimal, float/double, dateTime,
  date, time and dateTime (and possibly duration)
- More compact representation of attributes and elements with CDATA
  content
- Possibly, encoding without the knowledge of schema
- Possibly, speed-ups for access to particular parts of a large
  document

The next version of Xqueeze Reference Implementation would be
redesigned to provide DOM and SAX interfaces, and I would also do
performance testing this time. Meanwhile, I would be grateful to
receive feedback regarding the development of this project.

Thanks for your kind attention.

--
Tahir Hashmi
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir