   Semantic Web and First Order Logic

Is it true or false that the semantic web
limits the use of First Order Logic?

I realize that FOL has the undecidability
problem, but is sufficient for everyday
reasoning and is the most widely used
logic in business.  One would think that
the semantic web as a business application
framework would use it profusely given that
otherwise, the existing dominant base of
relational business systems users would
likely not want to be "on the semantic web".

I realize that is controversial and is
deliberately so.  I am wondering if the
semantic web is somewhat over-engineered.

len