   Re: [xml-dev] An approach to let XML 2.n resources hold multipleentities

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> Keep in mind that it is possible *now*, *today*, in XML 1.0 for a file
> or a stream to contain multiple consecutive XML documents, as well as
> other things. In fact, this may actually occur with multipart MIME
> and/or HTTP 1.1. XML 1.0 makes no requirement that a file or stream
> contain only one document

This whole thread brought to mind an approach to streaming XML that I
first saw described by David Megginson several years ago[1]--simply
separate documents in the stream with the formfeed character, which is
never legal in an XML document. I believe this approach will work even
with XML 1.1, since it requires that control characters must be encoded
as character references.

Jim

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/199902/msg00819.html